My favorite things in life don’t cost money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. — Steve Jobs
Memories of Julie Andrews singing “My Favorite Things” in the Sound of Music will be with me always. It was one of my mother’s favorite movies, and later my older daughters had to watch it as part of music class.
A lot of soul searching went into making the decision to start blogging again. Over time, readers will get to learn the nuances of the lifestyles and thoughts of the blogger . . . what makes them tick, what motivates and drives them, and the things they find important. A blog is a personal expression and leaves the author vulnerable.
To ease into this, I chose to share five of my favorite things:
- Snowflakes – the unique design of each, frozen crystal — beautiful in simplicity
- Hearing my children laugh — shared joy is a good thing to behold
- Walking into a fabric store — the colors, the textures, the smells, the drape of the fabric on bolts, buttons and spools of thread
- Driving — the power and control of cornering, shifting gears, speed and travel
- Reading — exploring new ideas, going places vicariously, immersing myself into a comedy, drama or biography
Too often we get caught up in the details of life and forget how to really live, to do those things which make us happy, often with no particular contribution to livelihood in the way of monetary gain. My goal this month is to DO the favorite things on the list above (yes, even the snowflakes . . . in JULY!)
Be sure to check back, the details of how I DID the things will be here along with some history of why these are favored things for me.
Until next time . . .